As the Quad Cities Illini Club is growing we are in the process of setting up our five (5) committees which include:
(1) Membership - Get as many people involved, grow the club, and ensure we have correct information from everyone.
(2) Scholarship/Student Relations - We have opened a scholarship fund and hope to give at least one scholarship this spring to a deserving student. This committee will be in charge of raising funds for our scholarship as well as setting up events with current and perspective students.
(3) Community Service - With a such a large group we believe it is important to give back to the community through projects. We have over the last year worked on the parade of homes raising money for Rebuilding Together of the Quad Cities. It is our hope as the Club Grows that we will be able to give even more back to the community.
(4) Events - Planning game watches, bus trips to Football and Basketball Games and any other Illini events whether cultural or networking.
(5) Public Relations - We hope committee will deal with the press through press releases, as well as provide a news letter to our members. (We could use a Webmaster)
(6) Dues - Dues will be $15 per person or $25 per family (Membership Free for Current Students and Graduates within the last 3 years). Dues are used to pay for website, snail mail, administrative costs, supplementing events, corporation fees, community service and all additional monies will be donated to our scholarship fund.
If you are interested in serving on one of these committees we could use the help, so please contact Steven Vanderschaaf at email@example.com.